Who We Are
OUR SAVIOR'S PALM SPRINGS MISSION/PURPOSE:
We live the love of Jesus!
OUR SAVIOR'S PALM SPRINGS CORE VALUES
Community through Engagement: being Christ’s presence where we live, work, and play (vocation).
- Listening for and meeting the practical needs of our community.
- Intentionally freeing our OSPS family to engage in our communities.
- Equipping people to see themselves as having “sacramental” impact/presence.
- Being a place where the “community” can safely explore the faith.
Relevance through Forward Thinking: applying Biblical truth to current reality in a relevant way.
- Crafting the ancient truth of Scripture into a modern context.
- Delivering sound teaching through experiential and relevant worship.
- Preparing disciples to engage societal issues and trends where we live, work, and play.
- A willingness to risk and try new things to reach new people.
Action through Faith: We live the love of Jesus in all areas of our life, developing faith in the environment of family, engaging people at all ages in the journey of faith.
- Seeing each other as part of a larger extended spiritual family on mission.
- Viewing ourselves as sacraments that bring the care and love of Jesus everywhere we go.
- Equipping all generations to live as disciples who make disciples.
- Sharing, telling and celebrating stories of past, present, and future.
Acceptance through Authenticity: We bring restoration to the broken by loving them as Christ loved us.
- Speaking the truth in love, with gentleness and respect.
- Creating environments where everyone and anyone feels welcome.
- Recognizing that our identity in Christ affects the manner in which we interact with others, acknowledging our own sinfulness and biases.
- Embodying the love, humility, and grace of Jesus, while embracing a life of joy, fun, and celebration.
Growth Through Generosity: All growth, physical and spiritual, is accomplished through the generosity of God and his people. As a response to his love and grace, we live lives that are generous.
- Viewing all that we have as God’s possession and leverage for the Kingdom.
- Generosity to our family and friends, to our enemies, and to the un-churched/de-churched.
- Our commitment to eliminating debt in order that we might reallocate our resources to reach the community with Jesus’ love.
- Budgeting with the needs of our local community and community-at-large in mind. (Intentionality; listening)
- Embodying the generosity of Christ, while embracing a life of trust, and thankfulness.
Trust through Prayer: We bath all things in prayer, trusting our Lord hears our prayers and will act and Guide us in all things, knowing real-world miracles do happen today.
- Believing that God is reliable, good, honest, or effective.
- Surrender ourselves and all of your troubles to God. Replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
- We expect good things to happen here at Our Savior’s Palm Springs. We expect greatness.
- We expect God’s favor in all areas of our church life and personal life.
Living The Love of Jesus
The people of Our Savior’s Palm Springs will impact the world around us by modeling these extraordinary behaviors:
- We spend time listening to God through worship, prayer, solitude, and re ection and respond to what we hear.
- We know the stories of others well and are able to connect them to God’s story.
- We love others in the messes of everyday life.
- We invite others to Live the love of Jesus by intentionally investing in relationships and discipling others.